Welcome

Get Inspired, be motivated and live a happier life.

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Have you done your medical check up lately?



About 3 months ago my gum was swollen, I was advised by husband (he is not a doctor….lol) to gaggle with salt water. I did and I felt the swollen part of my gum go down. In a few days, my gum was swollen again and ofcourse I went back to my salt and water theraphy. This went on for like 2 months.
Two weeks ago I was touching my chin and I felt something like a lump under my jaw, I beacame scared. So I went on to google and here I was reading about my swollen gum. Something I thought was just a swollen gum appeared on the internet to be a dental abscess. Dental abscess is formed from bacteria in the gum, if left untreated it would result in the bacteria eating up the bones in the teeth (Teeth would fall off)  and then the bacteria would move to the brain and may result in death…..Woop!  I jumped on the next cab to my dentist because if I drove with my state of mind an accident is imminent.
My Dentist did a X-ray  and told me the lump in my jaw is as a result of my swollen lymph node because of my infected gum. He immediately gave me some freezing in my mouth and then injected some anti –biotics and he also put me on antibiotics.
Here is the moral of my story…..i never thought dental issues were so severe and I hardly paid attention to it. Over to you readers, when was the last time you did a medical checkup? To the ladies, have you had your annual pap smear test this year? Let us all stop taking our health for granted. Several diseases or sicknesses can be avoided or treated early only if we pay attention to our health.
To all the people who are scared to go to the doctor for the fear of the unknown. It is 100 times better to know and start treatment than to be completely unaware till it is the last minute. Enjoy your healthy week people.

No comments:

Post a Comment